New & Noteworthy
We are delighted to share with you, brief details of the first Scuba Diving and Marine Biology Program conducted by Pathways World School in Maafushi Island, Maldives, in which 10 Students and 1 Adult participated. This Program was held from 13th to 17th March, 2017.
- This Scuba Diving Program was slightly different from the usual Program as it was Open Water Scuba Diving Certification combined with Marine Biology. This experience is one of its own kind and is included in 100 Adventure Trips of the World.
- All 10 Students and 1 Adult who participated have been certified as Open Water Scuba Divers.
- The combination of the Marine Biology was an added advantage for the students to relate to the reefs, coral and marine life which they saw during the dives.
- The knowledge and understanding of the minutest details of life present in a drop of water was appreciated by the Students. Seeing under a microscope, the plankton and the numerous creatures living on the sea grass was a new experience for the Students, which they thoroughly enjoyed.
- The Open Water Diving Program was conducted in six stages.
- Theory combined with knowledge Review
- Equipment knowledge and handling
- Shallow water training in a lagoon using scuba equipment
- Two dives up to 12 meters
- Two dives up to 18 meters
- Written test for the Certification
- The schedule was packed with dive program and the marine biology experiments. The Students also enjoyed the food, clean and serene beaches and the friendly environment.
- This Program gave an opportunity to the Students to experience team effort, buddy system and time-discipline.
In case your child/children are above the age of 12 years and are interested in participating in the Open Water Diving Program in June, 2017, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
MAJ. KUNAL KUTTAPPA