- About Pathways
- Beyond Academics
- Get in Touch
Pathways School Gurgaon
- The School
- School Director
- Campus Tour
- Leadership Team
- Career Guidance
- College Placements
Welcome Letter (Academic Year 2017-18)
It gives me great joy to welcome all my students back to a new and exciting academic year 2017-18.
I hope the summer vacation has been an invigorating break!
At the outset, I would like to inform and keep you updated on some of the initiatives and focus areas this coming year.
I am very pleased to announce new appointments and positions at PSG.
- Capt. Hamendra Sharma has been appointed as our new General Manager – Administration. Armed with numerous qualifications and vast experience in corporate and education.
- Mr Rajeev Sharma has been promoted as a Deputy Principal- MYP.
- Ms Neetu Manchanda has moved to the School Director’s office as the Executive Assistant.
I am extremely pleased to let you know while PSG has become the CIS http://www.cois.org/member, we have decided to go ahead with the NEASC (New England Association of Schools & Colleges) accreditation too https://cie.neasc.org/.
Our application for NEASC has been accepted and we are now gearing up for review visits during Term 1 of this academic year.
NEASC aspires to be the leading accreditor of international Pre-School-12 international educational institutions and programs.
As we progress towards the next steps for CIS and NEASC accreditations we will engage in a continual process of reflections on our practices working to achieve the transformational approaches to teaching and learning. We wish to thank you for your continued support and look forward to having you also being a part of this self-study process.
- With regards to the building premises, the old Primary School wing will now house Middle School, while the old Middle School wing will be taken over by Senior School. The new Primary School building comprises state of the art learning and teaching facilities
- Centralised air purification systems have been installed in all our buildings.
- The General Science Lab is a new addition in the Middle School.
- An enhanced, larger and modified Art Gallery in the Visual Art Department is now open on the third floor.
- We have procured the Lithographic Press and introduced Sculpture in Visual Arts.
- A complete revamping of washrooms of ground and first floors of the new Middle School, Reception and Dining Hall.
- A modification in the ground floor kitchen aims at providing more space and a transparent look. There is now a provisioning for live counters in both dining floors.
There will be some completions that will take place in the first semester.
- Fitness centre
- New control room at the school entrance
- Climbing walls
With a focus on the third teacher- spaces for teaching & learning, the new primary building has an exclusive space “The Re-invent U Hub” for nurturing critical thinking and creative confidence. This is our pathways towards introducing experiential STEAM ( Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math).
- The PYP Evaluation is scheduled for later this year
- We had a very successful E-Assessment for MYP year 5.
- The MYP curriculum now has Dance incorporated in years 4 and 5.
- Personal Project modules have been developed on Wizemen over the summer and students have already started working online.
- Henceforth, Core and Skills will be a part of the teaching transactions.
- IB DP results: Highest diploma points awarded to a candidate is 40 and average score of students awarded the diploma is 33. Congratulations to the students and facilitators.
- New DP subjects now include Theatre Arts, Sports Exercise and Heath Science, Global Politics and Music.
- We look forward to hosting the IC3 counsellor meet on campus in the month of August and CIS fair in September.
- YSCE and Arsenel will be integrated with the sports curriculum of the school. The coaching will take place across the school as a part of the regular teaching programme. Coaches from YCSE and Arsenal will be present in school and an expat coach will train the students twice a week.
GREEN BELT CERTIFICATION- Global Career Counsellors
- 13 staff members of MYP and DP are certified career counsellors under green belt certification. The intent is to ensure that our lead facilitators are turned into futuristic career times.
Making other news, our overseas trips aimed at enhancing learning, encourage healthy competition and attain real time exposure have been very inspiring. Our students have done us all proud.
- The World Scholar’s Cup- We had two MYP teams of three students each, participating in the European round of the Scholars Cup at Athens, Greece . They competed with 1500 students from 41 different countries. Both teams won laurels and have been shortlisted and selected for the final round at Yale, USA
- Outclass international tour to Beijing, China was a great learning for all the 17 PYP students who went on the trip. The programme was designed to witness, understand and experience the history, architecture and cultural richness of China.
- The international swimming training camp at Thanayapura, Phuket was a huge success. The children went through a ten-day rigorous coaching programme with expat Olympic coaches and have come back with enhanced skills and are feeling empowered!
- The cultural immersion exchange trip to Spain -Nine MYP students have come back with enriching experiences and new bonds of friendships forged with the IB students in the host school in Barcelona.
I am looking forward to organizing an exclusive ski trip in the Swiss Alps in January 2018 and a French language programme in the month of March. Students will have an opportunity for learning and advancing their Skiing skill under professionals. This opportunity will be open to Middle School students and grade 11 of Senior School.
The theme this year at PSG is "being principled ". I will continue to encourage and insist on punctuality, attendance, discipline and being role models to each other. As a community, practising the learner's profile is hugely significant in moving towards global citizenship and creating an impact in the world we live in.
As always, I look forward to your continued support and partnering with the school to enhance the learning experiences and outcomes of our students.
Capt. Rohit Sen Bajaj